» Show us your Van
9/2/2016, 1:20 pm by Moorza

» Squaw in the modern age of Vanning
9/2/2016, 1:15 pm by Moorza

» Fire Truck roof spoiler
6/11/2014, 10:22 am by VANTOM

» CAR SHOW AT BOWRAL NSW
25/10/2014, 4:45 am by VANTOM

» A van only magazine needed? Are you interested?
1/9/2014, 9:31 am by vanner065

» October 19th
14/8/2014, 3:44 pm by petrolhead

» Fathers Day Hot Rod Show 2014
13/8/2014, 2:13 pm by petrolhead

» hsv front to a HJ
26/7/2014, 7:02 am by chrisHQvan

» REGO PLATES
1/7/2014, 2:18 pm by petrolhead

Affiliates
free forum

Thanks from Mrs Moppo (Tracey)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thanks from Mrs Moppo (Tracey)

Post by Moppo on 6/1/2009, 10:06 am

Wanting to say a great big thankyou to the guys we met at the Nats (Vandil, Fres, Mex, apologies for anyone I missed) . Very Happy You all made us feel very welcome and we enjoyed the praise for all the hard work. It was great to put a face to the name as well. We did look at other peoples cars on this forum but unfortunately weren't able to find them. This was my second time at Summernats and as you know the first time with a car. My dream Sandman.

A great big thanks to Andrew (Vandil) for giving us a ticket for the power cruise. I soooo enjoyed driving the track with the boys (while hubbby sat shotgun!!!!) Laughing . This would have to be the highlight of my trip and I was buzzing for hours afterwards. Thanks also to all who took photos along the way.

The crowd and the cameras certainly seemed to enjoy the panos and we got a wonderful rap from the commentator about our three Sandmans.

I was astounded at the amount of people asking about the car, especially having the seat in the back for the kids, and the amount of pats on the back and congrats for a job well done. One little kid even told us he was going to get his dad (a chevy driver) to build a car just like ours for him!!!!

Andrew and Mex, your panos were awesome and a big thanks for the advice you and others have given along the way. Andrew, I still want those tail light covers. Laughing Laughing Laughing If we make it to van nats, watch your rear end!!!!!

I want to give my hubby a wonderful rap for the great job he has done. He has sacrificed many, many hours after work and on the weekends to get my car ready for the Nats, and we were still going two days before (after finally getting the door trims) affraid . Unfortunately now I owe him BIG time. Once he starts building his car (2 door Monaro) I canít complain about the hours in the garage.

Moppo is running scared though, as I want (or need!!) an engine with more grunt and my engine bay resprayed.

Can't wait to meet up with you all again. Hope to meet others from the forum. Keep vanning. cheers cheers

Moppo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks from Mrs Moppo (Tracey)

Post by Guest on 6/1/2009, 10:48 am

Well done to both of you.

Moppo wrote:

Arrrrr the joys of only 2 kids not 3

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon on 6/1/2009, 11:03 am

I soooo enjoyed driving the track with the boys (while hubbby sat shotgun!!!!) .....

and that's how it should be.... yes you should also be pround of what mr moppo has done... i do like the van, it looks fab in the pictures, a job well done. It's good to hear of another female proud of her van.... and yes, like so many others, i can relate to the more grunt.... i've just found out that my partner has an 8 sittin in his garage that is idle..... well, maybe not for long Very Happy Very Happy

mazdragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 6/1/2009, 11:11 am

You can put that in before the Nats Maz...

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon on 6/1/2009, 11:27 am

not that simple:
1. i need to convince him it belongs in my van
2. i have 6 cyl air con and power steer and i ain't forgoing that so i'd need to find the bits to convert
3. i just converted the 6 cyl to gas, can u use the same gear on an 8 or do you need to change something?
4. i need to convince him it belongs in my van
5. i currently have limited funds and the house needs repairs
6. i need to convince him it belongs in my van

we'll see... Twisted Evil

mazdragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moppo on 6/1/2009, 12:15 pm

Maz

Don't try to convince him, it won't work. Just use those womanly powers of persuasion that we have Laughing Laughing

Play dumb. Every bloke likes a women in distress.

If all else fails, get that whip out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs Moppo

Moppo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mexican on 6/1/2009, 12:28 pm

Tracey,
It was great to see you (as in ALL the moppos) having a ball Pleased you had fun, and looking forward to seeing more pics of the van at different runs.
Now les start hooking into the monaro so you can have two great classics crusin together.
cheers mex

Mexican

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 6/1/2009, 1:17 pm

Great stuff tracey, and a nice looking van ya got there!...I was just wondering what the kids seat in the back is out of?? I'll be looking for something like that with seatbelt integrated into them for my Bedford van project..was it easy to install?..Cheers regards,Nigzy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 6/1/2009, 1:57 pm

I think it could be out of a VT wagon Nigzy (as it looks like the one we had in ours).

Back to top Go down

Post by Moppo on 6/1/2009, 9:02 pm

yes it was from our VT wagon.

Moppo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 6/1/2009, 11:14 pm

Hi Mrs Moppo ( Tracy), it was a pleasure to cruise with yourself and Les and what a great bloke Mex is too, Daz and Dot where fantastic to park next to with them loaning me cleaning stuff and I actually caught Daz's daughter cleaning the dust of my van twice, Fres and the rest all came and talked to me along the way and where great, I was having hesitations about going to Geelong but wouldnt miss it for the world after the Nats, Mex and myself are going to camp next to each other to watch my tail light covers from Mrs moppo, and Maz I have two complete compressors and brackets to suit Holden V8 in my shed you can have one for nothing so there is no excuse for not putting that V8 in , cheers Andrew (Vandil).

Back to top Go down

Post by free_styler1 on 7/1/2009, 1:59 am

Moppo wrote:Maz

Don't try to convince him, it won't work. Just use those womanly powers of persuasion that we have Laughing Laughing

Play dumb. Every bloke likes a women in distress.

If all else fails, get that whip out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs Moppo

Do as a guy once told me - (I now swear by it)

"It's easier to ask for forgiveness, then it is to ask for permission"

Work's for me, & works for me partner...!!!

Cheers free_styler1

free_styler1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vanner065 on 7/1/2009, 12:15 pm

great to see u guys all had such a great time together at Canberra, looking forward to seeing you all at Geelong

vanner065
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Devilsgrip on 10/1/2009, 1:59 pm

Hey Moppo, was at a BBQ tonight and one of my mates said he went to bunnings at Belmont to get something the other day and a Green Sandman pulled up next to him, apparently he started talking to the guy and said how cool the van was etc. Then he told me the number plate, HER 076. I laughed, He said that he like the van and complemented the bloke about it, but he told him it was not his but his wifes. hahahah I knew straight away who it was, well done, my mate was stoked with the van. Good work.

Devilsgrip

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moppo on 11/1/2009, 3:57 am

Ah yes i remember him. I think he said he had a Torana.

Moppo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by alien8 on 12/1/2009, 7:27 am

Van's Looking a treat Tracey, Wink cant wait to see you at Easter and check it out in the flesh cheers

alien8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:24 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top