» Show us your Van
9/2/2016, 1:20 pm by Moorza

» Squaw in the modern age of Vanning
9/2/2016, 1:15 pm by Moorza

» Fire Truck roof spoiler
6/11/2014, 10:22 am by VANTOM

» CAR SHOW AT BOWRAL NSW
25/10/2014, 4:45 am by VANTOM

» A van only magazine needed? Are you interested?
1/9/2014, 9:31 am by vanner065

» October 19th
14/8/2014, 3:44 pm by petrolhead

» Fathers Day Hot Rod Show 2014
13/8/2014, 2:13 pm by petrolhead

» hsv front to a HJ
26/7/2014, 7:02 am by chrisHQvan

» REGO PLATES
1/7/2014, 2:18 pm by petrolhead

Affiliates
free forum

VIC bush fires

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

VIC bush fires

Post by Guest on 8/2/2009, 1:35 am

There have been a heap of reports going on up here in regards to the fires.
Was talking to Monk last night about how close they were to his house.
HOPEFULLY no-one is in danger of getting any fire damage to their homes or vans for that matter.

So how close are they to you??

Back to top Go down

Re: VIC bush fires

Post by highwaymenace on 8/2/2009, 1:54 am

Geelong area is totally safe, but lots of of Victoria is still burning and we hope all are safe, also that goes for all the NSW people are ok.

and hope the QLD are not flooded out.

latest death toll for vic is conformed at 26 and rising.

View user profile http://www.highwaymenace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 8/2/2009, 2:19 am

Last reports i heard of is that no homes are in danger (in NSW) at the moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 8/2/2009, 3:10 am

Just heard that Narbethong and Marysville is all but wiped out.

Back to top Go down

Post by DACHDABE on 8/2/2009, 3:46 am

please don't think i'm a idiot for asking BUT

is there any reports to say if they are lit on purpose/accident?
or is it really , really dry and ?

i dont watch the news/read papers and so on , it makes me so angry to the point of
im frustrated at the fact there is so much negative ,

im of the illusion ?( spelling ) there is still good in the world.
Cheers Damo
DACHDABE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by highwaymenace on 8/2/2009, 3:58 am

Hi Damo

Lots of Victorias major fires look like arson, with embers from them starting many other fires and also looks like quiet a few started from lightning strikes,, just hope that NSW does not get worse as the hot weather is still making NSW very high risk,

I beleive that if they catch the fire lighters they should be burnt alive at a town burning like the Witches in the old days..

Back to top Go down

Post by DACHDABE on 8/2/2009, 4:03 am

wow , i remember a few years ago i had "elvis " flying over my house to put fires out near christian college
near me , i was totally freaking out ..

just found ,, i am beside myself , so very sad ,,, and so very stupid ( lit on purpose is what i read )

Update taken from the Herald Sun.

UPDATE 1.35am VICTORIA'S firefighting resources are stretched to the limit as more than 3000 firefighters try to save homes across the state.
Fighting the fires

Deaths:
Six in Kinglake
Four at Wandong
Three at Strathewen
One in Clonbinane

Police fear the toll may reach the 40s

Losses:
At least 100 houses

Fighting the fires
Fire fighters: 3,192 (552 DSE, 2500 CFA, 140 MFB)
Fire vehicles: 342 (142 DSE, 200 CFA)
Bulldozers: 23
Aircraft: 37

Weather:
State max 47.9 at Avalon
Melbourne max 46.4
winds up to 116km/h at Swan Hill

Fires:

KILMORE

Fourteen killed in Kinglake, Wandong, Strathewen and Clonbinane, northwest of Melbourne.

More than 60 houses reported to be lost

At least 30,000 hectares burnt out, started around 4km east of Kilmore and winds pushed it 30km to the east through Whittlesea, Wandong and into Kinglake. Was also threatening Broadford late Saturday night.

Communities under direct threat include Broadford, Broadford East in the area of O'Gradys Road, South of Broadford, Broadford-Wondong/Sunday Creek Road, Reedy Creek and Tyaak.

HORSHAM

At least three houses, the Horsham Golf Club, several sheds and a Dimboola Fire Brigade truck destroyed.

Fires at Remlaw burnt out more than 5,700 hectares with urgent threat messages issued for the communities of Haven, McKenzie Creek, Bungalally and Green Lake to the west of Horsham City.

Fire jumped the Western Highway and impacted Drung Drung in Horsham's east.

Threat downgraded by 8pm.

CHURCHILL

Potential threat to Loy Yang power station and also to communities of Devon North, Yarram and Langsbrough on the Gippsland coast. Ripped through 600ha of pine forests in one hour.

BUNYIP

Broke containment lines overnight, forcing ground attack firefighters to retreat.

Residents evacuated from nursing homes, reports of house lost in Labertouche, ember attacks also on Garfield North, Tonimbuk, Robin Hood, Drouin West, Buln Buln, Tarago, Jindivick, Jindivick North, Longwarry, Longwarry North and Drouin.

At 7pm an urgent threat message was issued for the communities of Nilma, Darnum and Warragul because of ember attack and heavy smoke.

DARGO

Alpine fire in East Gippsland approximately 650ha in size. While not initially a direct threat to property, the communities of Bullumwaal, Mount Taylor, Clifton and Sarsfield were on alert.

COLERAINE

One man trying to move stock suffers burns to 50 per cent of his body.

Fire crossed the Princes Highway between Danedite Road and Johnstons Road, heading northeast towards Pomborneit North also threatening residents of Scollers Road, Carters Roads Settlement and Swan Marsh.

At 6pm fire was said to be contained. Fire burnt through 770 hectares.

REDESDALE

A grass fire that started 9km west of Redesdale, south of Lake Eppalock, is estimated to be over 10,000 hectares in size.

The fire has spread approximately 10km in a southeasterly direction to
Annex Lane south of Sidonia.

Residents of Baynton, Glenhope and in the vicinity of Franklins Road, Randalls Lane, Dead Dog Lane and Heathcote Spring Plains

Road may be impacted directly by this fire, which is now burning in a northeasterly direction.

Two hundred and thirty-five CFA and DSE personnel are fighting the fire, using 43 tankers and 3 bulldozers.

MURRINDINDI

The Murrindindi Mill fire in the Mount Despair State Forest burning in a northeasterly direction.

Communities of Taggerty, Acheron, Thornton, Rubicon, Snobs Creek, Eildon, Alexandra and Molesworth warned to remain on high alert.

YARRA GLEN

30ha fire threatens vineyards.

WANDONG

Grass & scrub fire burning 1km south of Wandong.

Estimated to cover over 1,000ha.

Communities of Wandong, Wallan, Wallan East, Eden Park and Whittlesea, Humevale, Bruces Creek, Upper Plenty, Kinglake West, Pheasant Creek, Smiths Gully, Kinglake, Flowerdale, Glenburn and Hurstbridge under threat.

i hope evry one down that way is safe, you can replace your cars/vans/trucks houses,,, you can never pelace a life with one you have lost

Cheers Damo
DACHDABE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by highwaymenace on 8/2/2009, 4:07 am

Just on Sky News, 35 confirmed dead in victoria moments ago and they expect the the toll to rise.
My thoughts go out to them and their loved ones.

Back to top Go down

Post by highwaymenace on 8/2/2009, 4:09 am

I am going to pass the hat around at the Van Nats for donations for the emergence services as they wont get extra cash for thier risks & heroic efforts..

Last edited by highwaymenace on 8/2/2009, 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by highwaymenace on 8/2/2009, 5:07 am

heres a pic sent to me from James of a neat van in gipsland area

and a pic from Monk:

Back to top Go down

Post by DACHDABE on 8/2/2009, 5:36 am

im also a member of a chrysler forum as well , and it seems a few ladies and gents are extremely
close to this to the point they are getting amber burns around there yards , properties.

un-efin-beleivable

Damo
DACHDABE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vanner065 on 8/2/2009, 11:25 am

Its 8.10pm sunday, just heard on the news, Brian Naylor the former chanel 9 news reader lives in Kinglake. His wife has just been found dead and he is missing.
A member of Diamond Valley Vanners, his mother in law has lost her house and belongings in the Whittlesea fire.
Another friend had a helicopter dump water on his house to keep it safe from the fires in Kilmore.
For those who know Sway and Janet from the VCV, i just spoke to them and they are ok, they live in the back of Kilmore.
Many thanks to the many people who rang me to see if i was ok as i live 15 minutes away from Kilmore, all is ok.
Have tried calling Monk but to date no answer, (probably sittin on a hill with mates watchin the action while havin a beer or 10) Smile

At this stage 70 people confirmed dead and over 700 homes destroyed in 24 hours, so sad.
vanner065
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by transit350 on 8/2/2009, 11:35 am

Good afternoon everyone,

This is so sad but some good news about Sway and Janet I have passed this information onto Ken and Diana we are thinking of you from here in the West and i will donate something for the auction at the Nats and will participate and will help when i can if you need Daz.

Good luck and best wishes Paul and Sue
transit350

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by highwaymenace on 8/2/2009, 11:39 am

Thanks Paul.. i have to ask if you have the Transit at the nats?

Back to top Go down

Post by transit350 on 8/2/2009, 11:52 am

YYYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
transit350

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by highwaymenace on 8/2/2009, 11:53 am

Thats great news,,

Back to top Go down

Post by Mexican on 8/2/2009, 1:44 pm

Hi all,
Im back form up north, because of the fires.
Our farms in Drouin west and Buln Buln, we gave up for being lost late yesterday, only to hear late last night that Drouin was saved, it took out the Robin hood hotel ripped through the gully between old sale rd and princess fwy across the road from out Drouin west farm heading for Buln, southly kicked in and it went up to noojee jindivick, and away for now. We were in Jervis bay last night trying to sleep enough to drive back.
Mum and dad went coast road home and got to buln to see it ok, bega and churchill fires looked bad aparrenlty.
I came the hume. hit smoke at holbrook. Got thicker as i came further south. Cleared up at kilmore, i went through 2hrs after it did, fark did it move fast, crazy how some houses saved others..... gone. Teared up plenty ill admit just thinking about what I was hearing.
I unfortunatly know many who have been affected, buxton house lost, heathcote and of course in and around our farms.
I have a deep heart at the moment as a long time rodder Tina is still un accounted with her three kids (saw them last at the hot rod show only 2 weeks ago) i nthe king lake fires. FARK please be ok Tina!!!!!
Please stay safe you can replace all but yourself..... bloody hell....
hate to say think of in the hundreds of deaths. I have inside info to suggest at least 150+ is being concervative, hope there wrong!!
take care all and hear is to having a drink with Tina.
Mexican

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by highwaymenace on 8/2/2009, 2:10 pm

Just spoke with Mex, as we ( Dot, Tracey & me ) have known Tina & family for a very long time.. i was teasing her last weekend at Queenscliff,,, our thoughts are with them abd hope to hear they are safe very soon.. we hope.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mexican on 8/2/2009, 2:22 pm

im not into religion (cant even spell it) ok so I look like a budha and all , and like the notion of the budha, but please someone chat to the fella upstairs for me

just found out that tina had the kids in the car and went to get away, she was forced back towards the house..... .the house is gone......still no word...... F&%K me..... please be safe tina and kids....... Please...
Mexican

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by highwaymenace on 8/2/2009, 2:30 pm

we are PRAYING with tears in our hearts & eyes.

Back to top Go down

Post by highwaymenace on 8/2/2009, 4:31 pm

For those that dont know who Tina is. here is a couple of old pics of her and her Ford

Back to top Go down

Post by highwaymenace on 9/2/2009, 1:02 am

It has just been on channel 7 thats Sam has just been given the news from a neighbour that they saw Tina & the 3 girls race back into thier home as the fire hit and flatterned the home.

Back to top Go down

Post by highwaymenace on 9/2/2009, 1:05 am

R.I.P. Tina, Cystal, Tegan and i am so sorry but i cant think of Tina's other daughters name. your are forever in our hearts.

Last edited by highwaymenace on 9/2/2009, 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by vanner065 on 9/2/2009, 1:20 am

so sad to hear about Tina and her kids, apparently a lovely family, it certainly hits home when people from your community have been affected like this. My thoughts go out to all who have been affected. Crying or Very sad
vanner065
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon on 9/2/2009, 3:49 am

My thoughts to all... i was speechless last nite, got home from work and even though i'd been listening to ABC radio all day in the cab cos i usually drive in the area, the devastation didn't hit home till i saw it on tv last nite. The roads were blocked so I didn't have to go that way, but one of our guys on the Saturday nite shift had to take doctors and nurses into the area. He drove the cab back to the depot yesterday morning and I didn't recognise the car for what it was, it was so covered in ash and muck. He'd literally driven "under" the fire, the flames were over the car at one stage. Yes, he was scared but at least the resources were delivered safe and he got back safe. I have also spoken with R&R (who live in Rokeby down Drouin way). They're ok, only ash and a few embers, mainly smoke is what they had. They are safe and well. M&M's house in Noojee is ok as well. I hope our friends down Gippsland way are all ok. Even though all i saw was huge clouds of smoke and the van is covered in sh1t, and you think you'd understand how it would feel if you were closer to the action, i don't think anyone can comprehend what those affected have gone through. I've made my donations already, for those that can, suggest you do the same, some volunteer CFA's are copping it from their employers for not coming to work.... disgusting, they should be applauded for being out there. And to those that have lit the initial fires - chuck'em into the middle of it and let them find their way out... which, hopefully they won't, so they can roast alive......!! As one friend said on Sat nite - bring back capital punishment! I say make'em pay!! A fews years behind bars at our expense (since our taxes pay for the jails) isn't sufficient for the devastation they have caused.
mazdragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top