» Show us your Van
9/2/2016, 1:20 pm by Moorza

» Squaw in the modern age of Vanning
9/2/2016, 1:15 pm by Moorza

» Fire Truck roof spoiler
6/11/2014, 10:22 am by VANTOM

» CAR SHOW AT BOWRAL NSW
25/10/2014, 4:45 am by VANTOM

» A van only magazine needed? Are you interested?
1/9/2014, 9:31 am by vanner065

» October 19th
14/8/2014, 3:44 pm by petrolhead

» Fathers Day Hot Rod Show 2014
13/8/2014, 2:13 pm by petrolhead

» hsv front to a HJ
26/7/2014, 7:02 am by chrisHQvan

» REGO PLATES
1/7/2014, 2:18 pm by petrolhead

Affiliates
free forum

Who am i? tell us about yourself.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who am i? tell us about yourself.

Post by Admin on 13/8/2008, 2:59 pm

Well i am Daz, and here i am lets have a good time.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://vanners.newforum4u.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Who am i? tell us about yourself.

Post by vanner065 on 13/8/2008, 4:20 pm

I am vanner065, and you all know me Very Happy i hope, yes you do Laughing

vanner065
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13/8/2008, 11:18 pm

I'm AGRO, but you already know that.

Back to top Go down

Post by vanner065 on 13/8/2008, 11:45 pm

gidday Agro, welcome aboard affraid lol!

vanner065
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mexican on 14/8/2008, 4:11 am

Well a few know me. I am a rodder at heart who needed a ride since moving back to Melbourne (was in ACT, long story, hey a good place no truly) saw the van advetised and jumped on it. A young guy had it and had let it go. I have stripped the interior out, replaced most of it, tidied up the dash, just the little things. Underneath was a mess I've done the whole front end, replaced the tail shaft, shocks and now enjoyin the cruisn. Not finished with it yet, got a few more things I want to do with it, the paint needs a littel work, then a few aded touches to make it into my van. I must admit the whole vanning thing is growing on me, and I find myself wanting to find another to have a crack at, do the full on 80's feel to it. mmmm to think I was aiming towards a '34 ford delivery (panel van), that is changing slightly.
I'm basically a laid back guy who gets around around a bit, love seeing what others are doing with their rides, and have picked up a few ideas over the years. I am llooking forward to Geelong next year, will be a blast (yes Daz I still need to fill in the forms). Thats about it really. now you know a bit more about me, scary really Sleep

Mexican

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vanner065 on 14/8/2008, 2:11 pm

Welcome aboard Alex, good to see you here, enjoy

vanner065
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon on 15/8/2008, 6:35 am

most of you know me - i've been in vanning (not necessarily VCV) for around 14-15 years. My first nats was 1995, Tara, my lovely special 13yr teenager with attitude and the like, was only 2 months old when we first went, so she's been in vanning all her life! lol, With my ex we've owned 6 whole vans together, plus one half of a van, i.e. rear half ha ha. They've always been chryslers, none on the road which really frustrated me, he even had an original drifter, but sold it in the end, due to health reasons, there was no way he could rebuild all these cars/vans. I'm a Holden girl at heart, so most may remember Dragon's Knight, my VR commodore wagon with dragon mural on the bonnet. Dragon's Knight is going to Commodore heaven, engine's dead along with a number of other bits, but that's life. I have a new lease on life since separating with my beautiful boy, Beigy. He's original, well, was, slowly making mods, so i may have to change his name - he was called beigy cos he was so original, he stood 3ft off the ground before i lowered him 3ft - oh, sorry, i meant 3 inches, but you guys can use a ruler to figure that one out. Getting back to being original, he had standard wheels etc too. Well he now sports "Nike runners", lowered, an interim soundsystem which will hopefully be improved upon soon, i'm planning his interior as we "speak" (so watch out in Technical section cos i'm gonna be asking advice, hints, tips etc on how to go about things), his windows will be tinted too soon, he's converted to gas (i laugh in the face of petrol bowsers!). There will be more, but it'll just have to wait. I'm a busy girl, working 6 days a week at 2 jobs to keep things afloat, so progress on van and house is slow. I enjoy what i do, i have great friends who i can share stories with and have a drink and a laugh and no matter how silly i am, i think they still luv me. So those that didn't know me, or even those that thought they knew me, you know a little more now. Very Happy

mazdragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CURSED on 19/8/2008, 7:17 am

im cursed............and always cruising in my van

CURSED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23/8/2008, 7:55 am

HI Im Stuart been in vanning for 30 yrs have had 3 vans
HQ from 1978-84 Cool
HX from 1984-90 Cool
HZ from 1995- now Cool

Last edited by stormbringer on 11/9/2008, 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on 23/8/2008, 8:05 am

Ok Stu you have to come the the Vic Van titles for the after party hey.. Wink

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23/8/2008, 8:09 am

Admin wrote:Ok Stu you have to come the the Vic Van titles for the after party hey.. Wink

Im easy Wink Razz ooops another secret given out cheers lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon on 23/8/2008, 10:00 am

we know you're easy, but just how cheap are you Question

mazdragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 70s-groover on 24/8/2008, 4:36 pm

Da names Aaron, you know me by my nick name "Azza" thats the name ive had since primary school and its stuck. My intrest in vans has been around for a long time. I like a good chat and laugh, collecting 70s stuff, listening to 70s-80s music and anything old skool Very Happy

I was placed on this planet and given 1 go at life, so im here to get up to no good and enjoy it Twisted Evil

Cheers Azza

70s-groover

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by alien8 on 25/8/2008, 1:23 am

70s-groover wrote:Da names Aaron, you know me by my nick name "Azza" thats the name ive had since primary school and its stuck. My intrest in vans has been around for a long time. I like a good chat and laugh, collecting 70s stuff, listening to 70s-80s music and anything old skool Very Happy

I was placed on this planet and given 1 go at life, so im here to get up to no good and enjoy it Twisted Evil

Cheers Azza

Good to hear that the computer finally let you in Azza, lol! great your here. cheers Chris is looking well Wink

alien8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26/8/2008, 11:06 am

mazdragon wrote:we know you're easy, but just how cheap are you Question

Gees Marion how do i answer that without selling myself short Laughing
ok you get change from $1 cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by vanner065 on 27/8/2008, 2:14 pm

I heard 50 cents gets you a good (not so good) hour with Stu lol!

vanner065
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon on 28/8/2008, 1:32 am

vanner065 wrote:I heard 50 cents gets you a good (not so good) hour with Stu lol!

let's keep it nice on this forum.....

mazdragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shorts on 28/8/2008, 11:21 am

Hey all... Craig here... *edit* currently living in Bayswater - Melbourne Victoria. Smile

In the process of building 2 WB Vans.

1st one is (rear windowed) for everyday use so nothing real special, but have tried to restore it as best as possible. Currently have repaired all rust in footwells, sealed and deadened, full undercar respray, all new suspension components and bushings / ball joints / tie rod ends, new slotted front rotors, Pedders (not quite new) HD front and rear (possibly 1 tonner - extra leaf) springs resprayed firewall and chassis, repaired all other body rust and damage, air conditioning partly installed and WB Statesman interior / dash being installed (doing wiring installation and mods now) and installing WB Statesman rear disc brakes. Have 253 blue engine / traaumatic for the time being but re-building a 308 for gas in the near future. Will have integrated Air cond. and cruise control and electric windows / central locking. Due on the road in 3-4 weeks (unless I cant decide what colour to paint it...)

2nd one is windowless and has so far - WB Caprice front / GTS Guards, WB Statesman dash and tons of spares.... Got lots of ideas for it and have some Commodore running gear which will probably find its way into this car. This one will try to cross the classic WB Statesman style with 21st century tech.... Thats the best way I can describe it.... Smile

Why and why now??? Well I have not been a member of a van club but did have a HJ Van from 81 to about 89. I also had friends in the scene in the mid 80s. Back in the days of Vanrat, Alleycat, Moonlight Dreamer, Taboo (and the list goes on....) I played in bands back then (and still do now) and did a few gigs for the Eastern Suburbs club as well as playing at the 86 Nationals in Albury Woodonga. Soon after that I became a career person so hobbies like cars took a back seat as I was also maintaining my music throughout this time. The Car / Trailer combination worked best for me due to needing a vehicle for corporate use as well as music.

After taking some time out, I saw a WB van advertised very cheap and also had a V8 HZ sedan given to me so I thought I would just get it going with the 8 on gas and then toy with it for a while. It became much more economical than using my VY SS towing a box trailer to gigs, and as the corporate side disappeared the van became the obvious choice... but reliability was not great in its first year. So 2 more vans were purchased off Ebay for spares and one was chosen for the new workhorse. The plan? 70s-80s strength with showroom reliability. The original shell was ordinary so once it finally came off the road it was donated to someone in exchange for labour working on the new van. The suspension, braking and drivetrain are all basically replaced and close to completed. The wiring is currently being done with a multi-pin plug/socket installed on the firewall. A remote relay box is being installed and all looms in the engine bay done from scratch. Additional wiring is being included to both the engine loom and relay box for future needs. Special attention being paid to the high current areas like lights, air cond. and heating to minimise current through driver controls.

The planning stage of this car and the fact i still had another reasonable windowless shell as well as a few other collected parts from HQ-WBs and more recent commodores as well as a few scattered ideas about what cars could have and there was a skeletal blueprint for my next step up in vans. Now this car is still very conceptual so I aint gonna even guarantee it will ever hit the road much less get finished or even live up to some of the potential I expect it to have.... but then again... it could just happen as planned (causing a certain heart attack for me!!! LOL)

Meanwhile.... I will be completing my workhorse vehicle very soon (as the SS is killing me in fuel!!!) and hope to at least stick my nose in and see what vanning is like over 20 years since my last visit....

Cheers
Craig

shorts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 28/8/2008, 11:51 am

Hi Craig
Welcome to the forum.
Glad to have you here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 28/8/2008, 11:53 am

Opps Embarassed I forgot to ask.
What club were you in?

Back to top Go down

Post by shorts on 28/8/2008, 12:39 pm

Agro,

I wasnt actually in a club... but had friends in Eastern Suburbs Van club... and my bands played at a lot of van parties, including the 86 Nationals.

Cheers
Craig

shorts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 28/8/2008, 12:45 pm

My apologies Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed i just re-read it. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on 28/8/2008, 1:29 pm

So Graig will you bring the van thats near on the road to the Vic state van titles for us all to see?

PS: welcome onboard.

cheers
Daz

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shorts on 28/8/2008, 1:38 pm

Daz,

Yeah will bring it up Smile

I doubt it will be up to entering but am hoping it comes up nice and tidy. Spent a lot of time getting it straight and mechanically sound... But at the end of the day I am building this one for getting my music gear to gigs... so it will be an everyday driver...

The other van I do have some interesting and I hope unique ideas for... and one of them I hope to have fitted by the end of the year... (makes sure curtains are up covering the important bits... lol) so will see how that idea pans out.

Cheers
Craig

shorts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon on 28/8/2008, 2:22 pm

Welcome Craig,
you should come to a VCV meeting, 1st thursday of the month so the next one is next thursday. 8pm hot rod rooms in oakleigh if you're interested.
sounds like you have been busy - good luck with the vans, doesn't matter what you do to them, it'll end up with your stamp on it and that's what makes it special. so long as you like what you've done.

mazdragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum