» Show us your Van
9/2/2016, 1:20 pm by Moorza

» Squaw in the modern age of Vanning
9/2/2016, 1:15 pm by Moorza

» Fire Truck roof spoiler
6/11/2014, 10:22 am by VANTOM

» CAR SHOW AT BOWRAL NSW
25/10/2014, 4:45 am by VANTOM

» A van only magazine needed? Are you interested?
1/9/2014, 9:31 am by vanner065

» October 19th
14/8/2014, 3:44 pm by petrolhead

» Fathers Day Hot Rod Show 2014
13/8/2014, 2:13 pm by petrolhead

» hsv front to a HJ
26/7/2014, 7:02 am by chrisHQvan

» REGO PLATES
1/7/2014, 2:18 pm by petrolhead

Affiliates
free forum

Hello from the USA!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello from the USA!

Post by BvrWally on 7/10/2008, 5:26 pm

Laughing I finally got around to logging on your site!! Great site guys!! Fres & Chris it was nice meeting you at the Natz in July! I would love to get there one of these days, but till then...I share Jewel's stories of her visits!!
B.W. Smile

BvrWally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from the USA!

Post by highwaymenace on 7/10/2008, 5:44 pm

Welcome to our little Forum B.W.. i hope you enjoy it.

cheers
Daz

Please feel free to post pics & stories Etc.

cheers
Daz

highwaymenace

View user profile http://www.highwaymenace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BvrWally on 7/10/2008, 6:41 pm

Will do! Thanks! Smile
B.W. Very Happy

BvrWally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon on 8/10/2008, 12:15 am

Hi there and welcome to the site. Absolutely luv the Econobar - i'm sure there'll be a few envious lookers. Hope you have a great time on this site.

mazdragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hello from the USA

Post by Newkirkinc1 on 8/10/2008, 2:35 am

Alright Rollie,good to see ya here.

Newkirkinc1

View user profile http://Vannin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 70s-groover on 8/10/2008, 3:26 pm

Welcome B.W, love that period of van you have, the Dodge a100, Ford and Chev vans of the mid to late 60s look great done up, i often check ebay US to see what these van are worth.

Cheers Aaron.

70s-groover

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 8/10/2008, 11:47 pm

Hello and welcome to all the US vanners joining us. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by smitty on 9/10/2008, 12:16 am

Hey, thought I would pop in and check it out. Really glad I did, You have some really cool vans and a great site going here. Hi Rollie and Jim. and everyone else.

smitty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by alien8 on 9/10/2008, 12:36 am

Gday Smitty,
Great to have you here on the other side of the world Very Happy Being a lover of Big Vans, I'm lusting after the great looking van pics that Fres brought back from your Van Nationals. tongue We have a great bunch of easy going aussies who use this forum, so feel free to join in and chat away lol! lol! lol!

alien8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 9/10/2008, 6:24 am

i see from your personal bit that your from Pittsburg. i once lived north of you in Butler. i left Philadelphia as it too nasty of a city and moved in with a mate in Butler. i did like Pittsburg. planning to move back in the next couple of years. im thinking about Utah next. See more of that side of the country. if all goes to plan.

Back to top Go down

Post by alien8 on 9/10/2008, 8:21 am

Van wrote:i see from your personal bit that your from Pittsburg. i once lived north of you in Butler. i left Philadelphia as it too nasty of a city and moved in with a mate in Butler. i did like Pittsburg. planning to move back in the next couple of years. im thinking about Utah next. See more of that side of the country. if all goes to plan.

Gday van, welcome and enjoy some conversation with some fellow vanners. lol! I am sitting here with my world Atlas, trying to figure out where you are and where you are heading scratch Can you explain what is wrong with Philadelphia being a nasty city, just for us aussies, in case we want to come and visit study

alien8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Van in USA

Post by Newkirkinc1 on 9/10/2008, 11:43 am

Van,we have our Remember Butler event every year at the fairgrounds.

Newkirkinc1

View user profile http://Vannin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10/10/2008, 4:11 am

Hi Kath. im in Sydney now. i once lived over there in the U.S you really need to be Street wise to get along over there in the big cities. i found Philly to be a hard city.like Detroit. which i found to be really dirty. some outter areas of some cities can be bad. Pittsburg was nice. i found Cleveland Oh nice but some area you dont stop and drive thru with your doors locked. theres a few parts of Sydney i wont drive thru either. Kath if you hire Rocky 5 and have a good look of the area. thats what Philly really looks like. But if you hire Rocky Balboa and they go to an irish bar its called the Dickins Inn. they hire Aussies and kiwis there. its a really cool place for a drink and chat with some guys that are from here.

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon on 10/10/2008, 4:51 am

Doesn't matter where you live, there's always pros and cons. U just make the best of what you have, i've always lived in Melbourne (apart from a 5 yr stint in europe), but no matter where i live, my home is Australia. Once you've lived overseas, you know nothing compares. Smile bounce cheers flower

mazdragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by craziebob on 10/10/2008, 5:01 am

Yes you home is where you make it, Your country is your own part of world and nothing is like it of what we feel of good or bad.

craziebob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by craziebob on 10/10/2008, 5:02 am

craziebob wrote:Yes your home is where you make it, Your country is your own part of world and nothing is like it of what we feel of good or bad.

craziebob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10/10/2008, 6:13 am

mazdragon wrote:Doesn't matter where you live, there's always pros and cons. U just make the best of what you have, i've always lived in Melbourne (apart from a 5 yr stint in europe), but no matter where i live, my home is Australia. Once you've lived overseas, you know nothing compares. Smile bounce cheers flower

from what i have seen. Melbourne is alot nicer than sydney and alot better planed out. but i have lived here for along time but im thinking about moving there or goto Tassie.

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdragon on 10/10/2008, 6:42 am

I must admit, i don't like Sydney. since i got lost there years ago, and was confronted by a tipper truck coming the wrong way down a one way street, i kinda lost my enthusiasm for sydney.

Just had friends move to Hobart. It's ok, small, country townish-like. Not much variety in stores etc. Prices are relative to incomes - the incomes being lower than mainland. Depends on what you want out of your life-style. They're happy for now, enjoying the exploring of Tasmania and the laid back life style - it's akin to Mexico - everything is possibly maniana, i.e. if it can be done tomorrow, it may be. It would be totally different to Sydney and Melbourne, that's for sure. Maybe have a holiday down there first, unless you've already been there. I haven't, it's a place i have to go before i die though.

mazdragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tweaker on 22/10/2008, 6:56 am

Hello welcome people from the US of A.

A couple fo people I know of are chasing GMC grills and lights for their vans. Any ideas where they might be able to pick some up?

Tweaker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum